우리가 이 보배를 질그릇에 가졌으니 이는 심히 큰 능력은 하나님께 있고 우리에게 있지 아니함을 알게 하려 함이라(고후 4:7)

오늘 본문에서 바울은 우리가 복음의 보배를 토기에 담아, 다시 말해 우리의 몸에 담아 전달하고 있음을 일깨워줍니다. 우리의 몸은 약하고 연약할 수 있지만, 우리 안에 가지고 있는 보배, 즉 예수 그리스도를 통한 구원의 메시지는 강력하고 삶을 변화시킵니다. 그리고 우리의 연약함을 통해 하나님의 능력이 드러납니다.

이 개념은 성경에서 결코 새로운 가르침이 아닙니다. 우리는 구약성경과 신약성경에서 그것을 볼 수 있습니다. 예를 들어 하나님이 이스라엘을 이끌고 미디안 사람들을 치려고 기드온을 선택했을 때 기드온은 망설이고 두려워했습니다. 그는 말했습니다. "내가 무엇으로 이스라엘을 구원하리이까 보소서 나의 집은 므낫세 중에 극히 약하고 나는 내 아버지 집에서 가장 작은 자니이다."(6:15).

그러나 여호와께서 그에게 이르시되 내가 반드시 너와 함께 하리니 네가 미디안 사람 치기를 한 사람을 치듯 하리라 하시니라”(6:16)고 말씀하십니다. 기드온은 이스라엘 백성을 이끌고 적들을 물리치며 승리로 이끌었고, 그 임무를 완수한 것은 자신의 힘이 아니라 하나님의 능력이라는 것을 보여주었습니다.

마찬가지로 사도들이 예수님의 부활 이후 복음을 전할 때 거센 반대와 박해를 받았습니다. 그러나 그들은 구원의 메시지가 그들의 생명을 위험에 빠뜨렸을 때에도 계속해서 담대하게 선언했습니다. 바울이 고린도후서 48~9절에 기록한 바와 같이 "우리가 사방으로 우겨쌈을 당하여도 싸이지 아니하며 답답한 일을 당하여도 낙심하지 아니하며 박해를 받아도 버린 바 되지 아니하며 거꾸러뜨림을 당하여도 망하지 아니하고."의 말씀을 기억해야 합니다.

우리는 하나님의 능력이 우리의 연약함을 통해 일하신다는 사실이 분명해졌음을 알 수 있습니다. 우리가 그분의 능력과 인도하심을 의지할 때, 우리는 그분의 나라를 위해 큰 일을 이룰 수 있습니다. 바울은 빌립보서 413절에 "나를 강하게 하시는 그리스도를 통해 모든 일을 할 수 있다"고 기록하고 있습니다

그런데 왜 하나님은 우리의 연약함을 통해 하나님의 능력을 보여주시는 겁니까? 바울은 본문에서 "심히 큰 능력은 하나님께 있고 우리에게 있지"않다고 말합니다. 우리의 힘이 오직 하나님으로부터 나온다는 것을 인식할 때, 그것은 우리를 겸손하게 하고 사람들은 하나님을 바라보게 될 것입니다.

그러므로 우리의 연약함을 받아들이고 하나님의 능력이 우리를 통해 일할 수 있도록 해야 합니다. 하나님께서 우리를 인도하시고 우리 이웃에게 복음의 메시지를 나눌 수 있는 능력을 주시기를 소망하시기를 바랍니다. 그리고 위대한 일을 성취하는 것은 우리 자신의 힘이 아니라 그분의 능력에 있다는 사실을 항상 기억하기를 바랍니다.

2 Corinthians 4:7 / KJV

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

In 2 Corinthians 4:7, Paul reminds us that we carry the treasure of the gospel in earthen vessels, or in other words, our human bodies. Our bodies may be weak and fragile, but the treasure that we carry within us - the message of salvation through Jesus Christ - is powerful and life-changing. And it is through our weaknesses that God's power is made evident.

This concept is not new in the Bible. We see it throughout the Old and New Testaments. For example, when God chose Gideon to lead Israel against the Midianites, Gideon was hesitant and afraid. He said, "How can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family" (Judges 6:15).

But God told Gideon, "I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites, leaving none alive" (Judges 6:16). And indeed, Gideon led Israel to victory over their enemies, showing that it was not his own strength but God's power that accomplished the task.

Similarly, when the apostles were preaching the gospel after Jesus' resurrection, they were often met with opposition and persecution. Yet they continued to boldly proclaim the message of salvation, even when it put their lives at risk. As Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 4:8-9, "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."

In all of these examples, we see that God's power is made evident through our weaknesses. When we rely on Him for strength and guidance, we are able to accomplish great things for His kingdom. As Paul wrote in Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

But why does God choose to use our weaknesses to showcase His power? Paul tells us in 2 Corinthians 4:7 that it is "that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us." When we recognize that our strength comes from God alone, it humbles us and points others to Him. It reminds us that the treasure we carry within us is not our own, but a gift from God.

So, let us embrace our weaknesses and allow God's power to shine through us. Let us trust in Him to guide us and empower us to share the gospel message with those around us. And let us always remember that it is not our own strength, but His power, that accomplishes great things.

In conclusion, let us pray together: Heavenly Father, we thank you for the treasure of the gospel that we carry within us. Help us to recognize our weaknesses and rely on your strength to accomplish great things for your kingdom. May your power be made evident through us, so that others may come to know you and the salvation you offer. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜

사도의 표가 된 것은(고후12:11-13) new

내 은혜가 네게 족하도다(고후12:7-10) new

주의 환상과 계시(고후12:1-6)

내가 약한 것을 자랑하리라(고후11:28-33)

나도 그러하며(고후11:22-27)

나도 자랑하겠노라(고후11:16-21)

거짓 사도요 속이는 일꾼(고후11:11-15)

진리가 내 속에 있으니(고후11:7-10)

내가 비록 말에는 부족하나(고후11:5-6)

다른 예수 다른복음(고후11:1-4)