3. A house built on the rock

조회 수 15388 추천 수 0 2019.01.05 14:59:01

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."(Matthew 7:24-27)

Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say? I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete."(Luke 6:46-49)

In relation to a house built on a the rock, Jesus refers to a life with works. These lessons are actually slightly different from what many people are teaching today. It's a verse that some people might be embarrassed about. Because many people in the church focus on doctrines rather than on doing them. We can see that in the Bible, basic doctrines and practices are recorded at almost the same rate. If someone says it's only important to one side, it's definitely going to be in trouble religiously. The two are inseparable. Of course, you can't ignore doctrines just because doing is important. Because there is no right act without proper teaching. But if you stay inside the doctrine, it doesn't mean anything.

God made Noah build an ark. And he told people to go in there. But there were only eight people, including Noah. All the rest were destroyed. Was there no order from God? And didn't you have the right teaching? No, God spoke, he wanted to save them, and he told the people who know about it. But people were completely destroyed when the flood came by only eating, drinking and enjoying. They were building their own house of destruction. It is the last of those who hear and do not do it.

Look at Gehazi, the servant of Elisha. He leaves the property rejected by Elisha in his home when Naaman's leprosy was cured and he removed the two talents of silver in two bags. And then he lies to Elisha. Eventually, the result was that Naaman had a leprosy on him (2 Kings 5:23-27). He refused Elisha's order. The order came from God. He seemed to have gained a lot of money at the moment, but eventually his body became leprosy, and his condition became even more miserable. He was creating his own disaster.

We can meet another person who is experiencing similar things. He was the one who ate every day to manna, witness God's existence. And he witnessed the amazing things of God that destroyed the great castle of Jericho. God ordered Jericho not to touch anything from the city. Because he was afraid that those things would make Israel a curse. But he have ordered that only gold, silver and bronze and iron articles be consecrated to the LORD and entered into the report of the LORD (Joshua 6:18,19). But he disobeyed this order and took things, and the people of Israel were defeated in the war against Ai. The people of Israel were pulling swallows to track down the cause of the crime, and he ended up in piles of stones in the valley of Agol and died (Joshua 7:1-26). He was able to get a lot of money from Jericho in a moment, but he had a disastrous effect on himself and his entire family being killed. Although he had heard God's words and experienced his abilities, he caused himself to perish by disobedience.

But the Bible is not just a record of the disobedient. Abraham was given the honor of being called a father of faith by following orders from God to leave his hometown and following his orders. He was even credited with the belief that God obeyed orders to give his son Isaac. He was a great builder of a house on a rock. He have no regrets about his life. He was given the most glorious seat.

Look at Peter. Although he had denied Jesus three times, when he heard the rooster crow, he remembered the word of the Lord and returned to the Lord again (Luke 22:60-62) and lived only by his commands. But what about Judas? Jesus told him that he would rebel against him, but he didn't realize it and eventually did something terrible to kiss Jesus to sell him (Luke 6:47,48). If there is a difference between them, do you remember the word of the Lord? And where are you going in life? Peter was still trying to rely on the Lord for his life, but Judas wanted to build his own house in the world. The results are surprisingly different, as is the result of your excellent mission as a disciple and the extreme choice of suicide that resulted in disastrous results.

What makes a good house? He listens to the Word of the Lord and does it by faith. If we do not do as the Word of the Lord, we will soon fall when we are in distress or distress. See if we are doing what the Word of the Lord. If we're doing it, he's building a house on a rock, if he's not doing it, he's building a house on sand. Remember that we cannot make our lives safe without the Word of the Lord.

List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜

4. A debtor

2. A blind man leads a blind man

1. A lamp on lamp-stand

Jesus's parable (the introduction)

A kiss of charity(1 Peter 5:13-14)

Ye younger Ⅳ(1 Peter 5:10-11)

Ye younger Ⅲ(1 Peter 5:8-9)

Ye younger Ⅱ(1 Peter 5:7)

Ye younger Ⅰ(1 Peter 5:5-6)