4. A debtor

조회 수 15189 추천 수 0 2019.01.18 11:04:00

4. A debtor

"Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand talents was brought to him. Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt. "The servant fell on his knees before him. 'Be patient with me,' he begged, 'and I will pay back everything.' The servant's master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go. "But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii. He grabbed him and began to choke him. 'Pay back what you owe me!' he demanded. "His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, 'Be patient with me, and I will pay you back.' "But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. When the other servants saw what had happened, they were greatly distressed and went and told their master everything that had happened. "Then the master called the servant in. 'You wicked servant,' he said, 'I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?' In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. "This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart."(Matthew 18:23~35)

The conclusion we can learn from the analogy of the debtor is that it is forgiveness. The lesson of this forgiveness is something that everyone knows best but is actually doing. But this is the most important lesson for Christian. Because if we have no forgiveness of sins from the Lord, we have no salvation. Jesus says that the kingdom of heaven is like a king who receives financial reports from his servants. This means that all saints must receive financial reports. Then, what is the accounting report for? It's forgiveness. How much can we forgive? It is important that we report before the Lord.

Who owes 10,000 talents? That's us saved. Of course, some argue that they are Jews, but that could lead to the question of the most important lesson it offers. Those who have been saved in Christ have a great debt that cannot be redeemed. So who are the debtors of a hundred denarii? He is the debtors of Christ. A hundred denarii is by no means small money. But the money is very small compared to the debt of the saved Christ. That is why no one owes so much to Christ that he cannot forgive. In other words, there is no one who can't forgive.

But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins (Matthew 6:15)

Jesus taught his disciples about forgiveness through the words of the mountain god. It is possible because of your forgiveness. We can't forgive a person. We have to teach them in terms of teeth and eyes. Because they have no forgiving facts. But we, of course, should be able to forgive everything because we have received uncompensable grace.

because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment! (James 2:13)

If we do not do compassion, the Lord will judge him without mercy. But he says he will be pleased to win the judgment if we make him feel compassion. If we do not forgive, neither does the Lord. If we do not punish people by the law, and do not do compassion, he will also be judged by the law before the Lord, and he will be condemned.

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.(Ephesians 4:32)

I hope you will take a closer look at the Bible. The Bible is kind to each other, pitying and forgiving, and I urge God to forgive us for Christ. An forgiveness cannot determine by itself whether an act of the other party is an act of forgiveness. We need wisdom in the Lord's shoes to deal with when his opponent has done me great damage. Remember that you do not condemn anyone, and that everyone wants to be saved. Remember that even though Jesus argued with them and turned the table upside down, he still prayed for them and wanted to receive the Lord. This is the kind of mind that we should have today.

Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. (Colossians 3:13)

If any of us are involved in a fight, we ask each other to bear with each other and forgive. People can fight. It was already shown by Barnabas and Paul. No matter how trustworthy you grow, you can't have a fight. But as in the case of Paul, reconciliation is very important. Remember, without reconciliation, your forgiveness will lose its light. The Lord wants us to forgive.

Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.(1 John 4:11)

Focus on what you love each other. That is not possible without forgiveness. Through the forgiveness of the Lord, I hope that there will be forgiveness, reconciliation and peace in the true love.

List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜
» 4. A debtor 이진천 2019-01-18
81 3. A house built on the rock 이진천 2019-01-05
80 2. A blind man leads a blind man 이진천 2019-01-05
79 1. A lamp on lamp-stand 이진천 2019-01-01
78 Jesus's parable (the introduction) 이진천 2018-12-31
77 A kiss of charity(1 Peter 5:13-14) 이진천 2010-06-09
76 Ye younger Ⅳ(1 Peter 5:10-11) 이진천 2010-06-09
75 Ye younger Ⅲ(1 Peter 5:8-9) 이진천 2010-06-09
74 Ye younger Ⅱ(1 Peter 5:7) 이진천 2010-06-09
73 Ye younger Ⅰ(1 Peter 5:5-6) 이진천 2010-06-09